Wednesday, April 8, 2009

School

I have a challenging group of students this school year. They are very unique to say the least. I just told Brian this morning that I have always felt like each year I am really able to connect with my students, establish a rapport, and not have any problems even with the most difficult/challenging students. I have even always prided myself on strong classroom management skills. Not this year. These are just some really different kids. I have been cussed at, called bad names, students walk out of my room with out permission when I ask them to do a math problem, the list just goes on and on. Unfortunately their parents are not much better. No matter what I do or how I help it is not enough and things are my fault. I have NEVER had students fail my class in 10 years; this year I have many failing. I have been really discouraged and probably complaining more about it than I should. Kids are kids, I can only do my best on a daily basis. I am watching "Facing The Giants" right now with Jack. I have decided to make a HUGE effort to not complain about these kids the next few weeks and when I feel like I need to complain I am going to pray for them. I am going to pray that God touches their life at some point, that God calms their spirits, that God helps them and me. Wish me luck!