Sunday, August 9, 2009

Scavenger Hunt

I have to work Tuesday and Wednesday this week (teacher meetings) in order to get my sick/personal time for the year. I am choosing to work the first three days of school in order to get my classes started and then I am taking 8 weeks off. When I go back Will will be 14 weeks old. I feel very lucky to have this time with him. These are days we use family to watch the boys because our school year babysitter always takes these two weeks off to get her own family ready for the school year. Last year Jack was very upset I was going to be going back and declared he would be staying in his room until I came home. I created a scavenger hunt on a whim the night before and he loved it. This year I have had more time to prepare. For memory sake here are the clues...

Dear Jack, Grant, and Will,

I have loved being home with you this summer and am looking forward to more weeks into the fall. You are the best boys a mom could ask for and I love you very much. I have had fun at the zoo, Purina farms, botanical cards, Zachary's playground, swimming, going to parks, grants farm and everything else we did. This summer we got a new baby brother and just think of all the fun we will have in the coming summers together.

Clue 1
Look in the play gym for these new things that you will love to color with (new markers)

Clue 2
I know you guys love to punch each other. Feel free to punch with these but don't hit daddy's TV. Look for these were we keep the band aids. (punching balloons)

Clue 3
You guys grow everyday! These grow capsules will grow right before your eyes. Look for this prize in the place we will measure how big Will is getting. (grow capsules)

Clue 4
After lunch you can enjoy this little snack. Find it in a place we keep Mommy's favorite cleaning tool since I might have to clean up your crumbs when you are done. (oreos)

Clue 5
This is prize you will share! I know you will have tons of fun making farting noises and we can blame it on daddy! Look for this prize were we keep toilet paper. (Whoopie cushion)

Clue 6
The Rolling Turd...Do you know what this prize is?? Find it someplace were we will keep it after it is opened. (RV Movie with Robin Williams)

Clue 7
This is another prize to share. If you jump out of an airplane you would need a...? Find this prize on our 2nd floor near a window. (parachute men)

Clue 8
Save these treats for after dinner and we will make our own ice cream sandwiches. Look for these with what we use to scoop our ice cream. (cookies)

Clue 9
These are not eggs you eat but rather eggs with little prizes inside. There are six total so you will each get three. Look for these in a place we clean our bodies. (Imaginex Eggs)

Clue 10
This is another prize to share. It will help with your batting. Look in the place we keep the woofle balls. (woofle ball batting machine)

Clue 11
Since Grant broke our hockey puck...Look for this prize in the place you guys play hockey. (hockey puck)

Clue 12
Your last prizes...Look for these under your beds. (Grant: bat and cars/ Jack: lego and GI joe guy)

(Will was kinda let out of the loop these year but I figure at 5 weeks old he might not remember)

No comments: