Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Update

Our home computer broke about a week ago and is off getting fixed. I can use Brian's work computer to check my email but that is it. For my birthday (today) Brian got me a HP mini netbook. It is small and is going to take some getting use to but it will allow me to check email, blog, and shop online much like a laptop would but with out the huge expense of a lap top. It is going to take some getting used to and I will still have our home computer for other stuff and a bigger screen when I need it but so far I think I like it. It will be nice to sit on the couch in the evening with my boys and have it. So here is a quick update of what we have been up to...

1. Will is going to be 5 weeks old on Thursday. I can't believe it. It feels like he has always been here but of course I have known him since last October.

2. Jack starts 1st grade in about three weeks. My baby is a big first grader! Look for a letter to his teacher in the near future.

3. Grant is still crazy but awesome all at the same time. He thinks he does not need naps since we took away the binkie but I am determined to prove him wrong.

4. I have to work 2 days next week and the first 3 days of the school year but then I am off to mid October. I am looking forward to maternity leave!

5. Will is sleeping about 5 hours at night and then 3 hours. For the most part I get up around 3 am and then around 6 am. Sometimes I get about another hour of sleep after the early morning feeding until Jack and Grant get up. I will not lie - I am tired but I also know in the blink of an eye he will be sleeping until 2 pm and he won't like me so I am determined to enjoy even the exhaustion of a newborn.

6. Swimming lessons are going really well! Jack is swimming across the pool with out help and Grant is getting a lot more confident and even going under water. We are signed up for another session.

7. Jack is going to play flag football this fall. He will have practice one night a week and then games on Saturdays. He is SUPER EXCITED!!

8. I am loving my van. I know it is not really a cool car but it holds all of us with room to spare and the doors open with a press of the button.

I am sure there is a bunch more to share and I remember many things over the last week I wanted to blog about but they escape me right now. Maybe once I get my computer back and I upload pictures I will remember.

Night!

No comments: