Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Update

I still don't have my computer back so I can't update pictures but here is what we have been up to...

1. We went to our first Rascals games. The boys had a blast! It was a lot of fun to watch them enjoy themselves so much and what a great atmosphere. It was not crowded at all and we had a huge section to ourselves which allowed Grant to run around and play as well. Jack even got a ball at the very end which was thrilling for him to say the least. We watched the fireworks from the parking lot so Grant could get in the car because fireworks scare him.

2. I am on leave until October 5th and LOVING it. I love walking Jack to school and just moving at a slower pace as I heal both physically and emotionally.

3. Grant is going to be tested on Friday for speech services through our school district. I feel pretty strongly that he needs it and I am hopeful they will agree. He says plenty of words but it is very difficult to understand him. I feel like I am his translator.

4. Will is doing awesome. He is sleeping about 5-6 hours at night which means we feed him around 10 pm and then not again until 3 or 4 and then again at about 6am. He is getting big and I am excited to take him for his 8 week appt. next week and see what he is weighing. He and Brian are still struggling to get along but I really think that is because he is more used to me since I am with him more. I keep reminding Brian that this phase will not last forever.

5. Jack is liking first grade. He still talks more about his beloved Mrs. Heberlie but seems to be coming around to Mrs. Leslie. I had parent night this evening and it was good to hear about what she has planned for the year and all the stuff he is going to learn. He has a spelling test on Friday. Sitting in that room I could not help but wonder how I became old enough to have a first grader and also how did he grow up so fast.

6. I am tired. Going on 8 weeks of getting up at night is catching up with me. I have to work at times to be patient with Grant and Jack and Brian also!

7. Jack and Grant are still in swim lessons. Grant is crazy man and Jack is swimming laps. Brian took the boys this evening while Will and I went for a walk. I asked Brian to keep an extra eye on Grant because I worry that he will fall in or get away from his teacher and Brian told me that was why he was putting on gym clothes in case he had to jump in the pool. Seriously!

8. I went to KC to see Erin, Bob, Jett, and Maggie on Saturday. My mom and I drove just for the day about got to spend a few hours with them. It was not enough time but better than nothing. We took Will with us so Erin could meet him. He was a champ in the car but then did not sleep Saturday night because he slept so much in the car.

9. I am running more and more each day. It is hard on me to be heavier than I am used to right now but I just try and take it one day at a time keep exercising. I lost it twice before and can lose it again. The most I have run is about 4 miles. I have also started Pilate's, my arm weights, and jumping rope. I also got a pull up bar this weekend and Erin brought me my bike trainer for winter. There is a race in October that is a 10K I might sign up for.

10. Bruce is a good dog. He loves to cuddle with Jack and Grant and this morning I caught him curled up next to Will while Will was laying under his play gym. I took pictures.

11. Football for Jack starts September 12. He gets to wear a mouth guard and is super excited.

No comments: