Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Reflection

Brian is being very cautious with me. I still have not driven and he only lets me go upstairs one time a day. Since the pictures are on the upstairs computer I can't put any on here right now but thought I would update anyway. Thankfully our bedroom/bathroom are on the main level and I only need to go upstairs at night to put the boys to bed.

Here are some of my thoughts of being a mom of three and what we have been up to:

1. Grant has become even crazier and has more energy (I had no idea that was possible!) Today Brian took the boys to Monkey Joes to let him jump it out some. Before they left Grant was so excited I described him as the Tazmainian (sp?) Devil on Speed. Jack has become kinda whiny and dramatic. I really think this is just both of their reactions to my time being spent more with Will lately. It will be good as I feel better and better to be able to be more active with them.

2. This morning I took all 3 boys in the backyard. Grant and Jack took turns letting me pitch to them. Usually when I pitch to Jack he hits me (black eyes in the spring and bruises on my legs are common). I was nervous and pitched to him from a greater distance. This time though it was Grant that hit me in the leg. Woofle balls really hurt. Don't worry, Will was a safe distance away sitting under the umbrella in his car seat sound asleep.

3. Will had his first visit with our Dr. Yu. She is the best pediatrician ever! He is back up to his birth weight and she noticed right away how much he looks like Jack. We will see her again for another check up in early August.

4. Brian is awesome! He has been helping out so much with the house and the boys. I needed to go to Target last night for a few things and he drove all of us there, let me go in by myself, and waited for about 30 minutes for me. How awesome is that!

5. We officially sold our Accord today. When they came to get it and drove away I cried. Hormones are a blast.

6. I have been a lot more weepy with this baby than Grant.

7. I am loving the night time feedings right now because it is the only time that I have Will all to myself. I can hold him, look at him, and love on him without my "helper" (Grant). I am sure in the coming weeks it will get harder but I am doing okay right now with a little less sleep.

8. I am very emotional that this could be my last baby. Brian has suggested that we revisit this issue in an year. According to him he needs a little more time to forget how charming I am to him during pregnancy. I was shocked that it was even open for discussion. He did point out that he said no more babies after Grant and I now we have Will. Of course this does not mean in a year I won't change my mind but I was again shocked that it was something we would even talk about. Also the funny thing is (it was this way with Jack and Grant as well) is that as soon as I give birth I like him again. I was telling him that it is almost like a switch goes off.

9. Yesterday we went to a park. Will and I sat under the pavilion and we let the boys run off some steam. It was nice to get out. I should have brought a camp chair though because picnic benches and just having a baby 4 days prior is not a good plan.

10. Brian's birthday is Thursday. I feel horrible because I have not bought anything for him and I am not suppose to drive yet. I guess I will have him drive me some places tomorrow so I can buy his birthday present!

Pictures to come soon...

No comments: