Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Mom of Boys


Here are some conversations I have had recently with my boys:


Jack


Jack came in my bathroom to tell me that he was peeing in the other bathroom and he was thinking of something and he turned and peed all over the wall. He then wanted to know if I was mad at him. I told him I was not mad at him because messes can be cleaned up but in the future when peeing I would like for him to only think about peeing and getting it in the toilet.


I was emptying the dishwasher and Jack asked if he could have his play sword from the dishwasher. I did not understand. He told me he was in the bathroom and he dropped it in the toilet and daddy put it in the dishwasher to clean it. Sure enough there it was all nice and clean!



Grant


Grant says "ya" for "yes" and he says it for about everything. You can ask him any crazy question you want and he says "ya" with a Swedish accent none the less. He really says it for everything. Yesterday I asked him if he wanted to play in the living room with the purple hippopotamus and he said "ya" but today after church I asked him if he had fun in his class and he would not say it! Uh oh! But he did like the cookie he got when we were leaving!


We swam for a little bit before naps today and when we came inside I stripped Grant down. He then told me "bye" "run" (He was saying he was going for a run) and he was trying to go out the door to the garage. He was wearing NOTHING except for Jack's tennis shoes. I told him he should just run around the living room and so he did! When Brian or I go for a run we leave through the garage and always say were we are going to Grant and tell him bye so he does not get upset. I promise you though we wear clothes and our own shoes not Jack's

No comments: