Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday





Today was going to be a long day in my head. Brian had to work and then go to a board meeting in the evening. These type of days make me nervous because they can be really long. We started the morning with me running and Grant playing while Jack stayed upstairs watching cartoons. Then we headed to the library and discovered that the library is not a good place for Grant. We set a record for fastest library visit and made a quick exit. Jack did get some football books (what else would you expect) and a couple of movies. After the library we headed to the grocery store for fruit and milk. After lunch we attempted to go outside and play a little baseball but it was just to hot. Grant went down for nap and Jack and I watched the new "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" with Johnny Depp. It was okay and Jack liked it. After Grant got up we headed outside to swim in our little pool and play some baseball. We ended up staying outside for 3 hours and ate dinner outside as well. We had fun and the boys really do like eating outside. While outside I had some time to reflect. I thought about how fast these years are going and how I need to relax and enjoy them. Before I know it my days of kids will be over and they will want to do their own thing and not spend it all with me. I am lucky to have such awesome boys. I love that they have so much fun doing such simple things. I am also lucky to be home with them this summer and am truly enjoying every second of it. So without sounding to cheesy I woke up this morning wondering what type of day this would be and it turned out to be the best day ever! Plus Brian got home early so he and the boys are curled up on the couch watching a movie.

No comments: