Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday



Today was looking to be another rainy day so at 8am when the boys finally got up (yes you read that correctly) we went outside to play. I could see the clouds forming and new we only had a little time to be outside. By the time we came in a little while later Grant was soaked, not from the rain but from spraying others and himself with squirt rockets from the pool which was filled with old yucky water! When we came in we decided to make play dough. That was not a good idea after all. First of all I did not have the ingredients of the first few recipes I found online but then I found one by Mr. Rogers that was just flour and water. Sounds easy? It was easy but it was very weird textured and would not come off your hands. Jack hated it and Grant just kept saying "uh oh" to it being stuck on his hands. We cleaned that up and trashed the recipe. So next we decided to paint. Things were going very well and the boys were having fun. I left the room for a minute to put some clothes away and when I returned...I will just let the picture below tell you what I found. Thankfully crayola products are non toxic! After that we played hide-n-seek for like 45 minutes and had a blast. We had a picnic for lunch on the front porch so we stayed dry and could get out of the house for a short time. This was followed by a nap for the

G-man, a movie for Jack, and a snooze for mom on the couch. Overall a great day!

No comments: